<VV> RE: U can lead a vair to gas but Can't make it drink

Mike Kost vairmike@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:10:10 -0600

Keith Hammett wrote:

>Alesia,
>
>Try a different bar :)  Sounds like the eccentric that makes the push rod
>move up and down is worn or the push rod is worn (to short to push the
>diaphragm).  You can easily replace the push rod and spring with a new one
>from your favorite vendor.  The eccentric is a bit involved to replace (goes
>on the camshaft).  Do you have the shop manual?
>
>Keith Hammett

Actually the eccentric is on the CRANKSHAFT not the camshaft. It is
sandwiched, with the distributor drive gear, between the harmonic
balancer and  a shoulder on the end of the crankshaft. If this is loose
(not likely unless the harmonic balancer has been replaced recently) you
will also destroy the distributor drive gear. My vote would be that the
fuel pump was not fully inserted to it's proper position.

--
Mike Kost
Show-Me Corvair Club