<VV> 1969 Convt FS - IL

Rob Landers RLanders@charter.net
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:28:26 -0600

#3773 is for sale in my area... Highland, IL (near St. Louis, MO).

The owner is deceased and his widow contacted me to see if I knew anyone who
might be interested in it.  It was purchased from someone up in Quincy, IL
about 5 years ago.

Here's a description with my comments based on what I saw when I looked at
it last weekend.

1969 Monza Convertible, 110hp, with 4-speed tranny.  The car started right
up and idled very well... did not take it on a test drive but did check that
all the gears worked.  Car is a 1992 GM Teal Green with a white top/boot
currently installed... a new black top & boot from Clark's is in the trunk.
Paint is in pretty good shape but the body has had lots of rust repair.  The
floors have sheet metal pop-riveted in place and the trunk is starting to
show it needs replaced also.  It has all been undercoated/painted so that in
dim light, it looks really nice under there.  The front-end below the bumper
has a fiberglass piece (from Clark's?) covering up what I'm sure was a very
rusted out panel.  The rear quarters have been replaced with the fiberglass
fenders that Clark's sells and someone went to a lot of trouble to install
them as they're done as well as anyone could expect.  The owner prior to the
deceased spent a lot of money getting this car's body up to "parade
quality".

The black interior is very nice with new Clark's upholstery installed within
last couple of years... even has new door panels which look great also.  Has
an aftermarket radio installed.

All-in-all... most likely a car that you could use to putt around town and
in parades but would be a very tough one to restore to Concours level nor
would I recommend you make a daily driver out of it unless you live in a dry
climate.

The widow had not set a price yet as I know they had quite a bit in it and
she was trying to figure how much of a loss she could accept.  They also had
a couple of locals interested in purchasing it.  If you are interested, give
her a call as I'm sure she's set a price by now.

Her name is Mary Marshall.  Her home phone number is 618/624-8296.  If you
don't reach her there, you can try her cell phone at 618/530-8294.

Rob Landers
Show-Me Corvair Club (St. Louis, MO)
CORSA since '79
Edwardsville, IL