<VV> Re: Quick Steering Arms

corvair@corvairmotorsports.com corvair@corvairmotorsports.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:29:02 -0700

All,

When Corvair Motorsports and Seth Emerson started distributing the boxes
I compared the new quick box with a stock (Non-quick) box with quick
arms. The turns are the same. The advantage to the new box is parts are
easy to come by and it doesn't change the steering geometry.

Rick
Corvair Motorsports

> If I'm not mistaken, from what I understand the Flaming River box is
> meant to be used with the stock arms, and will produce a final ratio
> that is similar to the factory quick box with correct factory quick arms.
>
>  No, it's the same ratio as the factory box you still need the arms.
> rich

I talked to Seth the other day about this and the ratio of the
Flaming River box IS different from the stock box. The Flaming River box
is 16/1 and the stock non quick box is 20/1.
Did not ask the question of wheter the overall ratio with FR box and
stock
arms was same as factory quick setup/

regards,

frank