<VV> Whats the fastest you've gone in your Vair?

HallGrenn@aol.com HallGrenn@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:02:02 EST

My two cents worth.

'65 Monza 4spd 110 HP  108MPH indicated (Autobahn) and with no wind.  That
'66 and later front spoiler sure makes a difference.

'68 Monza 4spd 110 HP (with SMOG pump) 98MPH indicated (Autobahn)  This car
had (has) the factory quick steering and F41 suspension.  On this trip I
cruised at 90MPH because the '69 Buick Electra 225 that was following me couldn't go
faster without scaring the driver--and I wanted to be sure my own engine
stayed together.  This was a four hour trip with one stop for gas.  We were both
taking our made in the USA, German purchased cars to Bremerhaven to be shipped
home.  One does not daydream at those speeds--in any car.

Bob Hall