<VV> Need help from VV to make custom hubcentric rings

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:30:43 EST

Rick, someone mentioned that your dimensions might be off.  I don't know if
they are right or wrong but I'll add this little factoid: Factory steel wheel
centers are sorta conical.  The hole in the wheel is larger when not bolted to
a hub.  The idea is that the conical wheel center "clamps down" on the hub as
it is tightened.  You might want to measure the diameter of the hub and
compare it to the wheel center hole diameter.  Perhaps you should go off of the hub
dimension for your adapters.  Also, I ran into a website (perhaps tire rack?)
that had a button for centering adapters.
craig nicol
<snip>EM stock rim hub opening is 2.659"
I would like to someone on the list make me a set of 4 hub-centric rings
.25" thick with an outer diameter of 3.635 and an inner opening size of
2.659"<unsnsip>