<VV> You're Googled!

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:36:42 -0500

>     But I don't recall ever hearing that the information I submitted
>registering on VV would appear on Google in a context having nothing to do
>with Corvairs. Was this announced anywhere, or was our permission for such
>listing ever explicitly requested?

I think that when we were first offered the ability to send in all that personal information to Virtual Vairs, it was understood that the information would appear on
the Corsa website. Submitting the information (and what information was submitted) was entirely voluntary. I don't think it was made perfectly clear that the
information would be available to the general public, but anyone who has visited the site should have quickly recognized that as there was no sign-in, etc.

I doubt anyone "submitted" the webpage to Google; rather Google picked up on it because it was a public web page.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD