<VV> Re: Corvair Handling (alignment)

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:22:39 -0500

> From: Marc Sheridan <sheridanma@adelphia.net>
>
> For those of you that like to do your own work, there is a book
> called  "Corvair Wheel Alignment" by Frederick Johnson. I got mine from
the
>  Corvair Underground, but there may be other sources.
Smitty Says:  My post concerning toe in specs, in response to Roy's post
as the cause of darty handling, earned me a private post from Bob Helt
telling me I was wrong.  Always ready to keep information factual I must
say that the specs I quoted were taken from Fred's book.  I have made
Fred's tools and even improved on them.  I do all my own alignments
because of bad experiences with shops.  From now on though I will
research alignment specs rather than trust those in "The Book".  I will
still stand by my opinion that toe-in for bias ply tires is not
necessarily the same for radial tires.