<VV> Corvair in Art

Nick Elzinga starship@worldonline.co.za
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:53:17 +0200

Well I suppose art could incorporate photos as well and GM have an online
store for photographic/art prints which you will find below.  The best would
be to copy and paste these links into a new browser because VV always
manages to split the URL.  This page is specifically on Corvairs.

http://www.gmphotostore.com/source/CategoryLevel2.aspx?L1=chevrolet&L2=12079

Looking further, AllPosters.com has the following four prints available in
different sizes.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/FIP/GM-34-C.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/FIP/GM-33-C.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/FIP/GM-25-C.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/FIP/GM-04-C.jpg

The photographs in the book - Corvair by Chevrolet - Experimental and
Production Cars 1957 - 1969 published by Iconografix and part of the
Ludvigsen Library Series are all available from the publisher at a stiff
price ranging from $40 for a 10 X 12 inch through $55 for a 12 X 16 inch and
$75 for a 18 X 20 inch print.  The website isn't up to date enough to
include details of the book.

http://www.scolesgate.freeserve.co.uk/karl.html

I have had a professional high resolution scan done of the 66 Corsa cutaway
drawing which most people will be familiar with.  It has been saved to CD
and can be printed in any one of a number of sizes - A4 right up to A1.
There are many other photos and prints that could be saved this way or they
might be lost forever.  I guess it would take someone with initiative to do
something about it, but don't look to me....  I'm 7000 miles from the
action.

Nick

Nick