<VV> Corvair in Art

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:54:15 -0500

Automotive art is a big business now, with a number of artists painting
nostalgic pictures of cars.  I have spent a number of hours on the internet
in search of finding some with Corvairs and have only found one picture with
Corvairs in it.  It's the type of picture I've been looking for with a full
rendition of models including a Lakewood, a Greenbrier, a rampside, an early
four door, convertible and coupe, and only one late Monza Coupe, but the
picture size is a bit strange 25" x 7".  The artist is Arlen Olson and the
picture is titled "Air-Cooled".

I found one painting called "Don's Place" by Dave Snyder, which is a
painting of Yenko Chevrolet in the late 60's, but there's not a Corvair in
the picture, just Cameros, Nova's and Chevelles.  Obviously these painters
aren't true car people or they would have known about the Stinger.

These pictures can be seen at:
http://www.dwautoart.com/

Does anyone know of any other paintings that Corvairs appear in?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD