<VV> 69 convertible

Michael Clark Michael Clark" <mclark67@charter.net
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 11:07:41 -0500

Hi everybody.

The 69 group probably knows this, but in case I've uncovered a missing car,
#5061 is in Don Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing in Ocala, Florida.

It's a deep, deep maroon with a tan top and black interior, wide whites and
wire wheels.  It sits next to a red 65 coupe.  Imagine my amazement, while
walking through a sea of big block Chryslers, to see two Corvairs
prominently displayed.

I don't recall the writeup saying who owns the 69, but the 65 was owned by a
buddy of Big Daddy's.  If you've never been to this place, have a look the
next time you're driving through Ocala.  One building is the antique car
museum, and the other is dragsters and memorabilia.  Pretty impressive.

I left St. Augustine Saturday afternoon after seeing a marvelous car
display, and went to Big Daddy's for an all Mopar show.   Beautiful,
beautiful cars, Superbirds, a lot of B bodies, several AMXs, huge vending
area.  And the Corvairs were a nice surprise.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia