<VV> More convertibles??

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:47:10 -0000

Tim Abney wrote:

> I have a theory that someday they will be the rarest of Corvairs.

They probably already are, but rarity is dependent on the existence of
demand for there to be any purpose to it, and the benefits of the rarity are
in proportion to the demand.

So I had a 51 Kaiser that was 'rare' (only one in England, only a few
hundred left worldwide), but as nobody wanted it I took a big hit when I
sold it.

I also have a 'rare' Lancia Appia van which has the world's first 5-speed
gearbox, and in that case 'rare' means 'only one in England' and 'fewer than
10 worldwide'. I could sell it 10 times over for a good profit, but
unfortunately I don't want ever to sell it, so its worth is of no use to me.

So... 4-doors might easily become the rarest of all (ever tried to find a
1957 Chevy 150 4-door sedan?) - but that still don't mean anyone will want
one.

Unfortunately I have one of those too. At least *I* appreciate it.

Cheers

Alan