<VV> and I Approved this message!

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:22:03 -0800

At 07:23 hours 11/08/2004 -0800, Frog Princezz wrote:
>Hey All,
>Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!  I know you guys/gals are thinking... Dang she's been
messing with that fuel pump forever, is she just not listening to anything
we tell her?!?!

If the pump isn't working...  have you confirmed that it's *capable* of
working?    Run a rubber hose from a utility gas can into the inlet of the
pump.   Do pushups.   The pump will be making some distressingly humorous
albeit faint "duck-donkey" noises if it's working (but empty) and will
eventually suck fuel up and into the pump and to the carbs.   You'll notice
a difference in the sounds the pump makes once it begins moving fuel
through itself... the duck-donkey noises will stop and you should be able
to hear fuel actually entering the carbs.

>My car is stored someplace other than home so I can't get to it
everyday... this restoration/repair project is going to seem to drag out
forever until I get her home then I can just pop out to the garage whenever.

'Til then, Commute...

>Me knowing nothing really about cars... I just don't wanna buy up a bunch
of new parts just because mine are old when the old ones could be in
perfectly good working order.  As in the case of the fuel pump "some of you
have told me awhile ago to purchase two new pumps one for the car the other
for insurance, While others have suggested going electric."  Believe me
everyone I'm listening to you but I just had to find out the long hard way
that the fuel pump wasn't working and not a clogged line somewhere.
WELL... now I know and have the muscle to prove it.

Now:   Did you CONFIRM that there's no clogged fuel line or plugged tank
pickup?    Can you station someone by the gas cap, listening, while you
attach a rubber hose to the fuel line (after you disconnect it from the
pump, obviously)... while you blow through that hose?     If the line is
clear, you should be blowing gasoline bubbles into the tank and the person
listening to the filler spout should be able to hear it.   If you cannot
and they cannot, something is clogged.    If you can't blow through the
line, it's likely that the pump can't suck through it either.

That's when you try the trick listed above with the gas can and the hose to
the pump, bypassing the fuel line and tank altogether.

>And as far as being single... I'm married to my Vair!   Aren't we all?!?

I'm practicing polygamy...  more than one 'Vair.

tony..