<VV> Auto Artist- former Corvair owner

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:27:46 -0500

I wrote to a couple of Auto artists, asking why they never paint Corvairs in
their pictures.

I got the following reply from Dale Klee:

Russ, I am not only an automotive artist, but have owned more than one
Corvair in my day.  I am always reminded of an old Finlander looking at me
trying to change that fan belt... in the trunk of the car...  "Ugh", he
commented, "I ain't never seen an Indian try to shoot an arrow with the head
in the back".  They were neat cars for climbing the hills in northern upper
Michigan with the weight in the back, but if you didn't have gas heat and
those dampers wired shut, you froze your ass off...  :)  I may paint one
some day; keep your eye on my web site.  Dale

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD