<VV> Distributor Recommendation

Lauren C Mizel slmizel@juno.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:47:45 -0600

Hi all.  I went over and picked up my scalded cat from Bob Bauer tonight
-- man it runs nice!  It hums so nice and runs tight...Bob was able to
track down the dozen or so "little" problems that were adding up to the
misfiring, lack of power, and poor carb performance...I could have never
gotten results like these on my own!  The ultra distributor he put in is
doing great -- but I need to get it back to him...so I am shopping for a
new one.  I have heard rave reviews for the Dale unit...but it runs
around $185 from the Vendors as well as from Dale Mfg. directly...ouch.
Underground has a rebuilt unit for $100 less...I am looking for feedback
from those who have used the Dale and those who have used Underground's
-- what am I sacrificing by saving money?  This is a driver and will
likely be upgraded to the Pertronix 2.  I'm sorry if I am breaking some
sort of courtesy code by asking about specific vendor products, but I
really don't have the knowledge or experience to make an informed choice
on this one.  Those are the only two I have compared and would be
interested in hearing of any other leads you might have as well.

Thanks!
Steve Mizel, St. Louis
CORSA/Show-Me CC
'65 Corsa 140/4 (the Scalded Cat!)