<VV> E-Bay item 4502997141

Stan East sgeast@interlog.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:39:52 -0500

JR

Two different cars both 69 low mileage.

If you remember the grey one turned up the night I was in Chicago in June
2000. I had the pleasure of cruising in your convertible that night. So
having seen the grey 500 and this one on Ebay I can definitely say they are
2 separate but very low mileage 69s.

Stan East
still north of Toronto

-------------------original message------------------------
 From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Ewell Mills" <emills5@cfl.rr.com>, <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> E-Bay item 4502997141
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:39:44 -0600

I did not see the car being mentioned.  The link did not work for me.

There was a grey one in Chicago about 5 or 6 yrs back that had 50 miles.  It
was a LM 500 - I forget what yr, but may have been '69.  Anyway, the guy
that bought it put about 400 or 500 miles on it, lost his interest in
Corvairs and sold everything (including a nice Rampside).  He is now into
Amphicars and has more than one of them .  I happened to see him at a show
back in September.  I don't know who bought the 500, but I'm beginning to
wonder if there is a chance that the car under discussion is that one.

Personally, I'd not be interested in a car like that.  I'd feel bad about
adding miles and I ENJOY DRIVING my Corvairs.

Later, JR