<VV> Re: Manual Operation Of Fuel Pump

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:56:01 -0500

All

> Smitty says;  Some of you do not understand my comments.

Smitty is not often misunderstood, IMO.  I understand his reasoning and
though I do agree, this isn't a Me Too post.

If the only reason one is "charging" a fuel pump is to get some gas into the
carbs before starting a "dry" engine,  I would like to offer 2 possible
solutions for non YH carbs.

1. A SMALL amount of gas (about enough to fill a small plastic cap, like
from motor oil) can be poured down the carb throats. just try to keep your
face away from the carbs in case of backfire.
2. Seafoam DEEP CREEP penetrant works great as a starting fluid.  NO ETHER
to blow back in your face, or bend pushrods, and it works just as good on a
lawn mower as it does a Corvair.

Seafoam products are usually available at most BIG A auto parts stores, as
well as NAPA

Just my .02, your mileage and results may vary.

HANK