<VV> Re: Manual Operation of Fuel Pump

Hubert A Smith vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:29:55 -0500

Smitty Says;  Gosh I have screwed up again.  When mentioning that you can
fill the float bowl of a dry YH by pouring gas in the hole where the 3/4"
plug is on top of the carb, I failed to include the warning that you
should limit the filling to less than 5 gals of gas.  It might be unsafe
according to one of our concerned list members whose name I will not
mention.  I would guess the bowl will hold a couple of ounces.  Does that
do it for you JR?
        Craig Nicol made an intelligent input in saying there may not be
enough travel down beyond the lock point to over extend the diaphragm.
Could be.  I will check it out.  I aint one of them engine-ears but I kin
measure.