<VV> Re: Manual Operation of Fuel Pump <humour>

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:37:47 -0800

<Smit>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hubert A Smith" <vairologist@juno.com>

> Smitty Says;  Gosh I have screwed up again.  When mentioning that you can
> fill the float bowl of a dry YH by pouring gas in the hole where the 3/4"
> plug is on top of the carb, I failed to include the warning that you
> should limit the filling to less than 5 gals of gas.
<unSmit>

This just in!
   Reports are streaming in about a rash of engine fires in Corvair
automobiles built about forty years ago, confirming Ralph Nader's reports in
his book 'Unsafe at any speed' that the Corvair was (is) inherently unsafe.
The cars were stationary in the majority of cases.
   Several car owners were interviewed in their mobile homes and some said,
"Hubert A. Smith told me to pour gas in there but he didn't tell me how
much!"
   Asked to comment, Ralph Nader said, "This should put me over the top in
'08. Thanks, Smitty".

yea, Vairily ... Shaun

---