<VV> Original color or not?

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:50:29 -0800

At 08:11 hours 11/12/2004 +0000, Alan and Clare Wesson wrote:
>Yes, white is great if your car is a piece of junk, because it's easy to
>conceal the fact (except for rust!).

But what if you like white?

>However, if your car is not a piece of junk, you will find that in white it
>will never look that great either. You can polish a white car until you are
>blue in the face and it will still be... white.   Dull. Non-reflective. Very
>slightly grubby-looking even when it is clean.

Clear coat.

>But not that dirty-looking
>when it is dirty (because most road dirt is close to white in colour,
>contrary to popular opinion!).

People expect a white car to look grimy...   so  it won't need washing as
much.

>So... if your car is in nice, straight condition with no dents or ripples,
>and you are a competent painter )or know one) avoid white like the plague...

But I LIKE white...

>...but if your car is a piece of junk, white is the colour for you!

...uh, I already have a gallon of Ermine White to  spray my '60 4-door...
and it's NOT complete junk.     Yet.

>However, if your car isn't a piece of junk but is white, you better paint it
>quick because everyone will assume that, as it is white, you have lots to
>hide and it is a piece of junk.

...people who know me have already seen my '60 4-door and they've long
since already made their judgements.

>Cheers
>
>Alan, owner of three white cars, two of which will no longer be white when
>he paints them (because only one of them is a piece of junk!).

Humm...

My Subaru XT-6 is white (original paint).   My Yugo GVX is also white
(original paint).    The '60 4-door is gonna (someday) be white (originally
silver).

Are the fates trying to tell  me something?

I hate silver.    ...except in the cove of a Corsa.   And even then I think
that copper or gold would still look better than silver.    Red, with
copper or gold trim...   humm...

tony..