<VV> Explanation of torque...

cash case cash.case@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:42:02 -0600

Hello guys- Question:
What's the explanation of torque?

My understanding is that torque is a function of leverage. I guess
that's it's most basic explanation.
For those guys wanting to use big bore kits for their 'vair engines the
longer connecting rods function a bit like a fulcrum with a long action
bar on one side of the fulcrum and a short reaction bar on the other
side (Picture a teeter-totter with a short side).
I know a longer throw on the crankshaft is the same thing.

On our corvair motors there's not much we can do about the crank throw.
However, If we;re using deeper jugs and longer connecting rods, Does
that function the same way?

Is my understanding correct? Or am I just a wingnut?  ;op
-Cash

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of cash face.jpg]
Cash Case, Art guy -
Home phone: 972-444-8531
Cell phone: 214-280-8998
"Some people are like slinkies.