<VV> Re: Original color or not? OR The Great Color Debate

RKAT edbaloo@verizon.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:10:58 -0500

If someone offered me $30,000 for my Corvair (sorry everyone! Lol), I
would have to accept. ;) I don't see this happening though..

Ron Tinkham

http://www.ronsjeepjunk.4t.com/

Pine Tree Corvairs (in the works)

66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp

Maine

Many years ago, I painted my 67 Monza a Cadillac bronze "very" similar
aztek bronze, but with a lot more metalflake. Why? Because I liked the
color
and was not real fond of the Royal Plum color my car was originally, and
it
needed paint anyway. I have had this car for around 26 years now.
There are several trains of thought on this subject. If you are looking
sell the car soon. Paint it Red..........Red cars sell! On the other
hand,
there may be a purist out there that wants the car the "original" color
if
he iws looking to buy.........I have not seen this so much around
Corvairs,
but if it was a MOPAR, like a Challenger, or a Super Bird, the "wrong"
color
will take thousands off the value of the car.

On the other hand..........it's your car, paint it whatever YOU like,
and
not be so concerned about other peoples advice.

About 12 years ago, a friend of mine was restoring a 68 Road Runner, a
real
basket case rot box. He did do an excellent job though even putting the
car
in a rotator. He asked me if I thought he should paint the car original,
which was dark green with green interior, and green vinyl top. He was
worried about keeping the value of the car up. I told him to paint it
any
color he wanted because he would own it forever, as he had so much into
it
he would never bwe able to sell it. He painted the car black with a
black
interior, no vinyl top. It came out flawless..............last summer a
guy
showed up at his house who had been trying to buy the car. With $30,000
in
cash. ..................The car sold, and he bought another project.

You never know...............

Gary Swiatowy