<VV> Re: Original color or not? OR The Great Color Debate

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:36:36 -0800

At 09:06 hours 11/13/2004 -0500, Gary Swiatowy wrote:

>About 12 years ago, a friend of mine was restoring a 68 Road Runner, a real
>basket case rot box.

There's no such thing, if it was a genuine Roadrunner.

It was an "extensive restoration project".

>He did do an excellent job though even putting the car
>in a rotator. He asked me if I thought he should paint the car original,
>which was dark green with green interior, and green vinyl top. He was

Vinyl roof on a '68...?   Humm...  scarce.

>worried about keeping the value of the car up. I told him to paint it any
>color he wanted because he would own it forever, as he had so much into it
>he would never bwe able to sell it. He painted the car black with a black
>interior, no vinyl top. It came out flawless..............last summer a guy
>showed up at his house who had been trying to buy the car. With $30,000 in
>cash. ..................The car sold, and he bought another project.

THAT is why there's no such thing as a rotbox '68 Roadrunner...

Paint it whatever you like.

tony..