<VV> Insurance / MPG

RKHenry robert.henry@earthlink.net
Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:53:25 -0500

Yes, it's Smiles per mile.

One time I was in North Carolina after having been driving the Blue Ridge
Parkway. I got off at Boone, NC and was making my way through the middle of
town. Boone is, of course, a college town (Appalachian State University) and
on this Autumn Saturday afternoon there were college kids loitering here and
there on the streets, shopping, etc. As I stopped at a traffic light, I
noticed a group of three girls standing on the sidewalk talking. One of them
looked this way, smiled and nudged one of her friends. Her friend turned,
looked at the car, and raised her hands toward her cheeks, buckled at the
knees in a sort of curtsey, and SCREAMED. It could only have been the car.
Corvairs just have that effect on people, especially women I hope.

Robert Henry