<VV> Turbo heat shield

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:22:30 -0500

This part was listed as being from a late model:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2491443660&rd=
1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

I was assured this was from a '66 car.  Is there any significant differences
other than the added heat shield between this and a '65 part?  I sandblasted
the extra shielding and painted it with black engine paint.  I also did some
buffing on this part, which is nice.  No dings that I can see, and just the
normal amount of scratches which with a little more time on the wheel should
buff out.  The original mounting tabs are intact and very solid.  If someone
has an equally nice '65-'66 heat shield and wants to make a straight-up
trade with me, let me know.

Norm Witte

snippp