<VV> Re: [fastvair] Mini convention time trial

Flat6Vair Flat6Vair@insightbb.com
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 06:33:54 -0600

From: <levair@aol.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:44 PM
   <<Who's in??  Which is going to win--racer or autocrosser???>>

Without hesitation,  I'm IN.    The kart track is a blast to drive.  Many
run the whole course in third,  others opt to drop back to second near the
start/finish turn to help them get back up to speed for the back
straights.Those cars with well prepped engines may be able to do the whole
course in 3rd.
      I registrer for the Iowa fire and Ice time trials as soon as ICE sets
the date.   Last year I dragged my parents along for the 340 mile one-way
trip -- the course is FUN.   My Dad drove the #3 car for his first ever
autocross/road course experience, he had a great time and was ready to run
some more.  I managed to eke out ftd from Bob Dunahugh -- betting that in
2005, Bob will out run me if I don't learn to drive better soon.

Warren LeVeque set the record for Corvairs at the first ICE time trial at
79.329.   I expect Warren, Michael, Dunahugh and others to beat that mark --
the course is faster than in 1999.   I think I'll place an early bet on Paul
Fox to win FTD.   Just because.

tim mahler
central Illinois
also wanting to go to Portland