<VV> Throttle linkage

R. Byers rbyers03@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:44:11 -0600

I have just installed 140 engine into my 62 Monza.  The engine,
professionally built, with ported heads and an Isky 270 cam,  was
originally installed in an automatic 65 Corsa that was never
completed.  The engine has a Holley 4412 (500 CFM).  As it has been sitting
and will probably be rebuilt, before finishing it, I was thinking of
changing to a Holley 1850 (600 CFM) hoping the low speed throttle response
would be better.  If anyone has experience with these, I would like to hear
about it.

My problem is that the rod coming from the pedal does not come anywhere
near being able to connect to the Holley.  The car that it came out of was
junked and I cannot see how it worked.
It appears as if some sort of rod would have to be added to make this work,
but I would rather not do it by trial and error.  With all the Corvair
carburetor mods over the years, someone must have made some sort of kit to
make this work.  What have others done in similar circumstances?

Ron Byers
Largo, FL