<VV> Throttle linkage

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:17:21 -0500

>My problem is that the rod coming from the pedal does not come anywhere
>near being able to connect to the Holley.  The car that it came out of was
>junked and I cannot see how it worked.
>It appears as if some sort of rod would have to be added to make this work,
>but I would rather not do it by trial and error.  With all the Corvair
>carburetor mods over the years, someone must have made some sort of kit to
>make this work.  What have others done in similar circumstances?

All of the rods I've seen seem to be homemade (material braised to the original throttle rod). I may even have one in the parts stash (which I'll send to you for the
postage if I find it)...  but please let me take the opportunity to explain that I do have experience with center mount carbs.... and would very strongly suggest
using the stock carbs instead. You are, however, in one of the few places in the US where you should be able to run a centermount without some of the more
serious issues...

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD