<VV> Yet more turbo hand-wringing

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:50:34 -0500

Now we're getting into really minor stuff, but I was looking at the Clark's
valve covers, and they look way cool, but you have to lose the right side
heat shield to use them.  So I was wondering if I am going to end up with
more heat on that side, leading to more trouble than it's worth.  Also, I
have a set of used Ottos.  Do I have to lose the heat shield to use them.
Anyone got a set of used Clarks they want to swap?  They go for about the
same $$ in the Clark's catalog, but I plan on using a Clark's pan.

Or maybe I will just use the stock covers....

So I have had some off-list discussions about all of this which were pretty
interesting.  I have a recommendation from a credible source that I should
stick with the stock distributor, get 95 smog heads, use the Dale adv/retard
with the Safeguard because the Safeguard doesn't kick in until 1,200 RPMs.

Jet-Hot coating for the whole exhaust system looks to be about $300; I like
that they coat the inside and outside, and that they do two coats.  I'm not
interested in coating the outside only.

Norm