<VV> alternator fan/pulley removal

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:57:48 -0800

At 04:51 AM 11/21/2004 -0500,  wrote:
>Does anyone know whether the nut that retains the fan/pulley on an
>alternator has right or left handed threads. I've got one that is being
>very stubborn and I don't remember ever taking one off before. I have
>penetrating oil on it trying to work its magic until I discover which way
>to turn it. Thanks in advance. Joey Phillips

Hi Joey,
It is right handed, normal, as I recall.  I had one member with this same
problem very recently and we finally used a Craftsman electric impact
wrench and that got it off.  The penetrating oil and a torch had no
effect.  I am a believer in impact wrenches now.  SAY!  Maybe I have a good
start on MY Christmas list!  LOL.
-- Larry