<VV> Re: The find

Harry Yarnell Harry Yarnell" <hyarnell1@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:31:17 -0500

Problems. What would life be without problems.
For a week now, everything was going well; the front suspension checked out,
the front brakes system was done without a hitch. Textbook. Then, today the
first shipment of stuff from Clarks arrives, and four pieces are missing and
not on the manifest. I KNOW they were ordered. I asked for a Pertronics unit
to convert to electronic ignition. They sent the Crane unit. Now I've used
both systems; anybody see a problem with the Crane unit? The pertronics uses
magnetic triggering; the Crane uses an LED.
Next is an issue repacking the LR wheel bearings. I've got a 20 ton press,
and the flange won't budge off the spindle. At present I'm soaking the
flange splines with PB Blaster, and leaving the spindle under full press
pressure overnight.
To be continued......

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage