<VV> brake bleeding!

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:44:38 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2004 8:39:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lloydscorvan@yahoo.com writes:

> Here is one for the brake experts.I installed a dual master brake cylinder
> on my 1966 monza and for the life of me can't get it to bleed properly.All
> the lines are new as are the wheel cylinders.I get fluid to come out of the
> bleeder ports and a little bit of air but the pedal will still bottom out.I even
> messed with the adjusting rod on the brake pedal to no avail.Any ideas would
> be greatly appreciated as my kids are getting tired of helping dad pump the
> brake pedal.

Pull the drums....unadjust the E-brake..all the way.......strap each set of
shoes so they cannot move [ I use "C-clamps" ]   Then try again...

Then make sure to "pre-adjust" the brakes

Matt Mall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V
Somewhere between Reno, Nv.  and Coos Bay, Or.