<VV> Instrument panel lens, another reason to do it...

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 02:28:07 EST

In a message dated 11/22/2004 10:45:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
NicolCS@aol.com writes:

This  metric speedo thread is interesting. Along a similar vein, I was
investigating re-lettering of the lower center instrument lens (fuel /
vacuum) to
change the vacuum side to oil pressure markings.  Remember  the Communique
tech-tip I did on the installation of an oil pressure gauge  in place of the
vacuum
gauge?  I was looking at silk-screen printing  the lens with the correct
marking,
but never progressed beyond the talking  stage.  Anyone have a silkscreen
contact "up their sleeve"?  I  watched an artist make one and use it. It was
pretty
straightforward, as I  recall. (though it always looks easy when an expert is
doing  something)
Thoughts anyone???
Craig Nicol

I'll bet there is a market for a replacement Speedometer lens for the Corsa
Dash (Where the Speedo has it's own, individual, lens) that goes from Zero to,
 say, 180 or 200 MPH. It could be supplied with instructions for a speedo
shop to re-calibrate the speedo itself. That would be a trip, even if the car is
 "unlikely" to see that speed. It would be like making the volume control on
the  amplifier go to eleven! - Seth