<VV> RE: "MUST be an overhaul"

srmarti srmarti@netzero.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:31:03 -0500

Is there really an accepted or "legal" definition of an overhaul or a
rebuild?

As I see it, it's a problem of semantics.  One must know what's accomplished
during an overhaul, rebuild, or remanufacture.  The actual work is what
matters, not what you call it.

For example, I fix musical instruments.  What some people call an overhaul,
I would call playing condition.  Some include refinishing as part of the job
and some don't.

Best course is to know what they're actually going to do and then decide if
that's sufficient for your needs.  I guess I would also like to know the
reputation of the rebuilder to help make a decision.  You can probably get a
good idea of material cost going through vendors catalogs or online.  Then
there's labor...

Steve Marti