<VV> Re: Bench bleeding

Hubert A Smith vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:24:54 -0800

> From: "srmarti" <srmarti@netzero.net>
> Ok.  I understand the part about installing the short discharge
> line running back into the master cylinder reservoirs.  What's the
magic
> of dismounting the cylinder from the car to do this?
> What happens on the bench that doesn't happen in the car?

Smitty says:  Steve I have been lurking on your subject and I don't know
for sure what has/has not been said.  You are right that the M cyl can be
bench (actually pre) bled in the car.  As long as you keep plenty of
fluid in it and route the outlet lines right back into the reservoir.
One thing to keep in mind though.  Long deep strokes gg are not effective
in purging air.  Anything over an inch of stroke is apt to do more harm
than good.