<VV> Remanufactured (dragging out "ad naseum" now)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:58:36 -0800

At 08:55 hours 11/24/2004 -0500, NicolCS@aol.com wrote:
>I used to go to FoMoCo's "Tomadur" engine plant in Santa Fe Springs, CA all
>the time.  Chevy (!) had a contract with them to reman Vega engines and as a
>Chevy dealer employee, I would go and pick up twenty or so every couple of
>months. Tomadur would sleeve the cylinders and do the whole nine yards to
'em.
>They seemed to do OK after their rework.

I know somebody who had one of those engines in a Vega and he loved it,
used Zero oil and he ran it for years and years.  Those sleeves did the
trick and in spite of the rhetoric about Vega engines constantly blowing
head gaskets, his never gave him any problems.

tony..