<VV> Fw: Corvair Dream List

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:29:11 -0800

At 09:06 hours 11/25/2004 -0500, Ken Maxwell wrote:
>Subject: Corvair Dream List
>

>As I stare at the snow flurries out my window and wish I could be out
>"de-rusting" my 69, I had the following thought:

No snow here.    Rain...  stopped this morning but everything remains
soggy.    What else is new...?    It's rained half this year.   Wind.
Blew the garbage can across the yard, followed by a chair off the deck.
But...

>Suppose someone gave you unlimited funds and told you to buy 10 Corvairs, one
>from each year of production, that would best represent the history and
>diversity of the Corvair. What would you pick? My choices are below:

Noted.    Archived for reference.

I have an idea about this myself...

>1960 - Monza Coupe ( a late year addition that would redefine what the
Corvair
>was all about).

Got a '60 Monza and a 700 4-door, so this one would have to  be a custom,
maybe a ragtop conversion ala "Pinky".

>1961 - Lakewood Wagon (a unique model that would sadly last only two years).

Got a Lakewood already, so it would have to be a Monza 4-door, seafoam
green w/green interior.   That combo looks good.

>1962 - Rampside (a versatile vehicle that has never been dplicated).

I'd have to get a Spyder ragtop, first year for both options.

>1963 - 700 Sedan (the "little old lady" practical version).

This one would have to be a rampside, red w/white stripe.

>1964 - Spyder Convertible (the epitome of early turbos).

Loadside, white w/medium blue stripe.   110 4-sp.   Rarest Vair ever.

>1965 - Greenbrier Deluxe ( the swan song for one of the first "mini-vans").

Already got a GB Deluxe, so this one would be a 4-door Monza in evening
orchid w/white interior.

>1966 - Corsa Coupe ( the ultimate stock "hot-rod" Corvair)

I'd have to get a Yenko Stinger, just to say I have one.

>1967 - Monza Sedan (the best lines ever produced)..

Yep.   Already got a coupe so a 4-door is the one we need,   It would have
to be a 140 PG...

>1968 - 500 Coupe (a plain-Jane workhorse).

...with a 140 4-sp, quick-steer, HD suspension, tele-wheel, AM-FM w/stereo
multiplex, clock, dash compass, and 3:55 positraction along with about
every other option available in '68 all stuffed into that 500.   Sequoia
Green w/black.

>1969 - Monza Convertible (the last of the breed).

Agreed... already have three '69 Monzas so a ragtop is the one I'd need to
have.

tony..