<VV> Fw: Corvair Dream List

Ken Maxwell kobramax@insightbb.com
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:06:54 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Maxwell
To: vitualvairs@corvair.org
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 8:57 AM
Subject: Corvair Dream List

As I stare at the snow flurries out my window and wish I could be out
"de-rusting" my 69, I had the following thought:

Suppose someone gave you unlimited funds and told you to buy 10 Corvairs, one
from each year of production, that would best represent the history and
diversity of the Corvair. What would you pick? My choices are below:

1960 - Monza Coupe ( a late year addition that would redefine what the Corvair
was all about).
1961 - Lakewood Wagon (a unique model that would sadly last only two years).
1962 - Rampside (a versatile vehicle that has never been duplicated).
1963 - 700 Sedan (the "little old lady" practical version).
1964 - Spyder Convertible (the epitome of early turbos).
1965 - Greenbrier Deluxe ( the swan song for one of the first "mini-vans").
1966 - Corsa Coupe ( the ultimate stock "hot-rod" Corvair)
1967 - Monza Sedan (the best lines ever produced)..
1968 - 500 Coupe (a plain-Jane workhorse).
1969 - Monza Convertible (the last of the breed).

This list includes all the major body styles, (3-coupes, 2-sedans,
2-convertibles, 1-wagon, 1-van and 1-pickup). It also includes most of the
models, (3-Monza, 1-Corsa, 1-Spyder, 1-700, 1-500, 1-Lakewood, 1-Greenbrier
and 1-Rampside).

I am fully aware that the Loadside and 95 vans are not included and that
"specialty" Corvairs such as the Yenko and Fitch are not on the list, but I
think this list would show a "non-Corvair" person what Corvairs were all
about. What do you guys think?

By the way, I have personally owned at least one of all the models over the
last 35 years and I think they are all amazing, unique and versatile vehicles!
I love my Corvairs!

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
69 Convertible