<VV> carb sync.

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:56:19 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2004 6:22:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lloydscorvan@yahoo.com writes:

> Can somebody tell me what is the proper way to use the Uni-Syn vacuum
> tool-the kind that goes on top of the carb. throat with the red ball in the
> plastic flip-up tower for syncronizing carbs.I lost my directions and can not
> remember how it is supposed to work.While I am at it,what is a good idle r.p.m.
> for an automatic trans?The shop manuel is somewhat elusive on this
> subject.Thanks

***************************************

Idle Speed...no more than 575  HOT  in neutral...drivers side carb link
disconnected

Unisyn...

1  make sure the rubber gasket is thick enough to clear the choke butterfly [
newer ones aren't!]

Engine hot idling.......put Uni  on top of either carb   adjust thumbwheel to
get red ball in center of tube..or at least to the 1st line! [ depends on
carb ]

DO NOT  readjust!   Set on other carb....compare

adjust idle SPEED on  that ONE carb to make it equal the other

Check idle speed.......adjust BOTH carbs idle speed screws the SAME...the
recheck with Uni....

Hope this helps

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Chairman V V
Somewhere between Reno, NV.  and Coos Bay, Or.