<VV> Drivline and other questions

Kirk Eck kc_eck@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:36:52 -0800 (PST)

I got my '66 Vair some new shoes today and while the tech had it up in the he noticed a couple of problems, 1. all my rubber bushings are either shot some are missing, 2. He could pull the rear axle/drive line back and forth quit a bit, 2-3 inches (would be my estimate) and 3. my shocks are shot.  So here are my questions.

1. I guess I'll be calling Clarks or someone for bushings any advice on what to get and how to replace?

2. What is the fix for my rear axle/drive line, how much play should there be if any. I'm guessing this needs to be repaired ASAP as I don't want to loose a rear wheel.  What does this job entail and what I will need to do the job?

3.  How do you perform a search on VV, I know the question was asked just last week about what shocks will work on a late model vair but I didn't pay attention and now that I need the info damned if I can't find it.

Thanks
Kirk Eck