<VV> Drivline and other questions

Harry Yarnell Harry Yarnell" <hyarnell1@earthlink.net
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:50:28 -0500

What 'bushings'? Front? Rear? There's quite a few bushings. Swaybar (front)
bushings are a common one to go. Pitman arm bushing is another.
In the rear, the two (inner) strut bushings tend to soften, and the wheels
take a negitive camber (wheels tucked in at the top).
Play in the rear wheels rocking from top to bottom is normal, but 3" isn't.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kirk Eck" <kc_eck@sbcglobal.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 1:36 PM
Subject: <VV> Drivline and other questions

> I got my '66 Vair some new shoes today and while the tech had it up in the
he noticed a couple of problems, 1. all my rubber bushings are either shot
some are missing, 2. He could pull the rear axle/drive line back and forth
quit a bit, 2-3 inches (would be my estimate) and 3. my shocks are shot.  So
here are my questions.

> 1. I guess I'll be calling Clarks or someone for bushings any advice on
what to get and how to replace?

> 2. What is the fix for my rear axle/drive line, how much play should there
be if any. I'm guessing this needs to be repaired ASAP as I don't want to
loose a rear wheel.  What does this job entail and what I will need to do
the job?

> 3.  How do you perform a search on VV, I know the question was asked just
last week about what shocks will work on a late model vair but I didn't pay
attention and now that I need the info damned if I can't find it.