<VV> Mid-engined Corvairs

kenfran@comcast.net kenfran@comcast.net
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 00:52:17 -0600

Does anyone know of anone who has built a mid-engined Corvair with a Corvair
engine? I have been thinking that this would keep the present advantages that
the Corvair engine gives (light weight, no radiator or coolant to add weight;
center of gravity is kept much lower, etc.) plus would add the advantage of
being more balanced in the front-rear weight distribution. I would think that
it would be an even greater-handing car than it is now.
What obstacles do people see in this other than rotation direction?

Ken Franson
Arkansas Corvair Club
1966 Monza 4-door auto, 110
1965 Corsa 140, 4-barrel (just starting work on this one)