<VV> Desparately Seeking Parts

Steve Oxford seoxford@att.net
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:11:24 +0000

"...am in need of 2 EM 13"wheels (rims) for the 63 Spyder....new obstacle is aftermarket wheel rims that do not center since the lug bolt holes are elongated.  As a result there is the chance that the wheels may be off center, not a good scenario at speed.  So....if anyone knows where I can beg, borrow, steal  or pay for two rims, preferably in Canada to expedite shipping, I'd appreciate it.....I'm told these things are hard to find.  Is there an alternative?"

Bill:  Are these aftermarket wheels the "unilug" type, designed to fit several sizes of wheel lug spacing, or do they have some sort of problem with the bolt holes?  If they are the "unilug" type, then they should "self-center" when used with the proper lugs.  For example, my Cragars have the unilug holes, but they work fine with the proper long shank lugs and proper washers - granted, they are a pain to install, but they self-center just fine once I get at least 2 lugs installed. I'm wondering if the inspector just hasn't been confronted with unilug wheels in a long time, if ever.

The factory wheels should not be hard to find - if you need to get some from a Canadian source, then I suggest that you contact either the British Columbia (www.westerncanada.com) or Ontario (www.corsaontario.com) clubs for ideas.

Good luck!

Steve Oxford/'63 conv.