<VV> Serial numbers, differential questions and Tom Keosababi an's car

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:36:22 -0500

Ken,
	The Tech guide, purchased thru CORSA or Clarks or Lon's Corvair
Underground will provide you will all of the numbers you need. Clark's or
Lon's catalog has a wealth of info.

AFAIK, GM did NOT offer a 4.11.  They offered a 3.89 in early cars? and
trucks (FCs).

Don Yenko offered 3.89s in some of his cars and it was used for some of the
race cars.  Usually the 3.55 was better. Doubt if he offered a 4.11-I don't
remember if the 4.11 was fabricated by the time he quit making Yenkos/kits.
If it was, I am positive he would have built one if you paid him to do it.

Early vs. late flywheels and pressure plates need to be used together.  Ring
gear is welded to the pressure plate.  You need a shop manual.

Pistons?  Depends on how much you want to spend and application.

Others may have answers for the rest of your questions.

Chuck S
BBRT