<VV> trailer choices

Charles B. Peck cpeck@salmoninternet.com
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:19:47 -0700

> Message: 5
> From: MarPack57@aol.com
> Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:47:01 EST
> To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> trailer choices
>
> Throwing this out for discussion. If you guys were buying a new car trailer
> strickly to haul Corvairs what would it be? Would be towing with a 2004 Dodge
> Dakota V8, auto, 2 wheel drive.
>    Ed in florida

Ed -

Think really hard about buying a new car trailer STRICKLY to haul
Corvairs! A car trailer is a good thing to have, but at some point you
might want to haul something heavier than a Corvair. I got a 16 ft. twin
axle 6000 lb. GVW trailer (that gives me a 4600 lb. load). Being in
Idaho, I got electric brakes on only one axle, as the place that built
it, felt I would be less likely to have it slide away on the ice that
way; probably not a consideration in Florida.

The trailer worked really good bringing my 65 Corsa Coupe up from
Sunnyvale, California. I towed it with an old Ford F150 with a 5.8 V8. I
went over several 7000+ ft. high passes - NOT really fast, but not mind
numbingly slow either.

I would second ALL of Dale Dewald's comments in his reponse - low beds
are real NICE.

Chuck Peck
Salmon, Idaho
'65 Corsa Coupe 140