<VV> Front wheel rub

Wayne Graefen wgraefen@ktc.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:49:11 -0500

Howdy Vair fans,

My wife's '65 Monza 'vert has 205 x 14 tires/wheels.  Before getting
it aligned there was no problem but now that it has new control arm
bushings, drag link bushing and idler arm and its been on a machine,
the correct caster adjustment brings the right front tire only into
contact with the lower end of the right front wheel well on a
partial left turn.   No problem - good clearance on the the drivers
side.

Any thoughts?  Did Chev change the wheel well shape a little on the
'66 +up fenders and maybe one got swapped onto this car?

I know my original wheel size was 13" but '66s came with 14s and my
overall diameter is still very close to the 14" tire and wheel
original equipment.

Thanks,
Wayne