<VV> turbo

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:07:06 EDT

Be a little careful. The later Rajay series changed bearings and seals when
they went to a die cast bearing housing, and I am not sure how reverse
compatible the parts are. However, if you give the repair shop the parts from one of
the Corvair vendors, or at least the contact info, they really don't need to
know what the TRW or Rajay equivalents are. Just use the Corvair parts from
Clarks, et al. Then there's no doubt the right parts are being used. As I recall,
all Corvair turbos use the same gaskets, seals, etc., regardless of year or
HP, at least for the turbocharger itself. I know there are differences with the
turbine housing outlet connection for 62-63 and 64-66, but bearings,
compressor seals, compressor and turbine housing to bearing housing gaskets, turbine
seal ring, and bearing housing heat shield should all be the same.

In a message dated 10/1/2004 11:27:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,