<VV> Oil Pan and Thanks

John Green jgreen@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 21:11:54 -0400

Thanks to all who replied to my question on oil pans and gaskets. After
reading all of the advice, I decided to use a rubber gasket with no sealant.
If this doesn't work, I can always try a cork gasket with sealant.

I was able to repair the dimples caused by overtightening the pan bolts. I
used a ball pein (spelling?) hammer and a few pieces of 1x4 hardwood. I was
surprised with how large the dimples were, but also how easy it was to flatten
them.

Thanks again for yoru assistance. Another success for a novice with the help
of VV.

John Green