<VV> Music video and CD featuring a '65 Corvair 500 - Mel Vondrau

Dave Leonard dave@arborlea.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:52:30 -0400

Amazing.  A very very remote '65 Corvair 500 w/ a 3-speed staring in a music
video...  I emailed the artist - Mel Vondrau - about the car and location.
I got an immediate and very polite response.  Here is what she told me:

"The Corvair belongs to a friend of mine and is "housed" in a hanger in a
little town near the Swartberg Mountains in South Africa (it's about a 5
hour drive from Cape Town and is called Prince Albert)."

"The chap "chasing" me in the video is the owner - it is one of many
beautiful cars he has restored to magnificence."

"Oh yes, one last thing, the Corvair is one of the most powerful cars
I've driven.  Three gears and that engine in the boot is more like a
jet than a normal car."

She continued with a note about her not considering the Infinity album to be
her best work - claiming it's too "pop driven" and that since then, she has
matured.  The following link takes you to an interview she did with the BBC
recently and on this is a link with her latest single "Never Give Up".  She
believes her best album is the "Show Me How" album, which is apparently sold
out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2004/09/08/mel_vondrau_featu
re.shtml

Dave