<VV> RE: Oil Pan Bolt Hole Replacement Lead in the pan

Gary Swiatowy mopar@jbcs2.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 16:51:24 -0400

This spring I pulled the aftermarket deep pan off my Greenbrier, much to my
suprise there was plenty of the old residual lead in it. Obviously got into
the crankcase from way back when when they actually made good gas..........
Over the years I've seen plenty of this in the pans of old
motors...........not so much as there was in this one though.
Stuff didn't kill me 30 years ago, I wasn't worried too much now. Besides, I
wasn't eating it..........
Then again 30 years ago the first thing we did when doing a brake job was to
blow off everything with compressed air............back when they were
asbwestos brakes.

Want to really be scared...........I'm also the safety officer for my
company and in charge of OSHA compliance.............
Gary Swiatowy