<VV> Resurrection

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:22:20 -0500

      Well, after forty one years since I first rode in a Corvair (my
sister's '63 Monza coupe, manual, red on red), twelve years, six
months, two weeks and two days since the po of my '65 Monza (my dad)
passed away (marked as the last day it could have been driven until
today), one year, one month, one week and one day since I started the
process of removing my '65 Monza from group red, and $$$$, countless
lost weekends learning mechanics up close and personal, weeks of hours
researching parts and advice, and much sweat and blood (to the Corvairs
gods) I was finally able to drive a late for the first time in my life!

A hearty "THANK YOU" to everyone an the VV who has contributed in one
way or another to this monumental undertaking.

I couldn't have done it without you and your encouragement.

A special "THANK YOU"  to the NTCA (North Texas Corvair Association)
who introduced me to the mechanic who would truly make this all
possible.

And to Ken Richardson, President of the NTCA, the mechanic who worked
so hard and taught me so much as we turned the wrenches together during
this incredible process.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I will think of all of you, every time I'm behind the wheel.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (and 1.8 more
miles today, I'll still need to get plates and registration to take her
home)
NOW out of group red for the first time in twelve years!

Corvairium II